Saturday, July 21, 2012
Chapter Five-Kilgore Trout
After I had read chapter five I began to wonder if Kilgore Trout was a real author and I discovered that Kilgore never really existed but the character alluded to one of Vonnegut's friends whose name was Theodore Sturgeon. Right off the bat when I heard the name I could not help but to laugh at the fact that Vonnegut kept a type of fish in the name because he found it amusing that a person had the name of an aniimal. I also learned that Sturgeon was a science-fiction atuhor just like Kilgore Trout. As I read more I learned that Sturgeon was also very unpopular and wrote many books but slipped into obscurity and he was financially unsuccessful just as Kilgore Trout did. These similarities between Trout and Sturgeon lead me to believe that Vonnegut definitely used his real life as an inspiration for everything Billy Pilgrim does and for everyone Billy Pilgrim meets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment