Sunday, July 15, 2012

Chapter 3-Humor in Quotes

As I read the third chapter I could not help but laugh reading the quote from the plaque on Billy's office wall at the Lion's Club. The plaque says "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change , courage to change the things I can, and wisdom always to know the difference." I have heard this prayer before and I did not find it humorous. However in this situation I do find it humorous. The fact that Billy has this hanging on a plaque on his wall is very ironic considering the fact that we know that he has no control over anything in his life right now as he jumps back and forth in time. Billy does not have control over when he will change time frames again and he also has no control over what will be happening when he gets to the time frame. I found this prayer from the third chapter very humorous just because of the ironic situation that arises as a result of the quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment